Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

W.W. I.D. Robot Watch Company. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Michelle Kaser
posted
The dial is 14K pink gold with yellow gold inlayed roman #'s. entire case is solid 14K pink gold. The dial says VulCAin. The mvn't says Robot Watch Co. I have 100's of books, with no resulte. Can somebody help me? 17 J. Double escapement. I have bad eye sight and cannot read the S/N. Inside back case: many inscriptions and is also Demaskeened. thanks! member#5250

mkaser

Posts: 4 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: May 16, 2008
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Welcome Aboard Michelle!

The closest I can come personally is a Vulcain Cricket Alarm Watch that I owned briefly a few years ago. Below this post is an image from the seller shows their unique trademark for reference.

Doing some internet searching found this official website Vulcain Watches with the "Cricket" sound-effects, a re-seller Orolus along with Vulcain eBay Sales none of which are exactly what you asked about. My search for "Robot Watch Company" only brought up toy watches that looked like robots.

Let's see what others have to say!

Lindell Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member
posted
Michelle-Welcome! Smile I read how you were alone in this -I know how you felt,finding this site saved me from searching endlessly for answers by myself. You are home now,my friend!
I noticed your member number-have you joined us? I hope so,it sure was the best $12 I ever spent on this hobby. See you around-

Marty

posted
Welcome Michelle,

Is there any chance of some photo's of your watch and its movement? Sounds very interesting as I can find nothing like it in my books.

I have Vulcain listed in various calibres for parts listings and even clocks, but nothing for the Robot Watch Co.

The Vulcain trademark is a rectangle with a 'V' inside positioned at the top - if you can find it anywhere on the movement.

Not too sure about the 'double escapement' you mention - any chance of more details?

Best regards

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
Michelle,
There was a company called Robot Time Inc. They were out of New York and basically imported watches in the 1950s. It is possible that the movement in the watch was replaced at one time.

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003