Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Travel clock movement type and maker? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
Here is a Swiss travel clock movement. Can anyone recognize the maker by its style? And, I wonder, is that a kind of Swiss Getty?
Thanks in advance,
kh

Posts: 921 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: March 25, 2013
posted
Ken

An 8-Day traveling clock from the 30's, lumimous hands and dial usually housedd in a leather covered folder.

It was made by the Goering Watch Co, La Chaux-de-Fond, Switzerland, founded by Louis Goering 1848 and after his death managed by his widow.

Don't know if this type is specially named and don't get the 'Getty Question' cause of problems to translate Smile

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
Thank you, Gerald. I know that the watch is an 8 day, but I did not know the maker as you do from looking at the movement. And bravo! Not a well-known maker.
Is it good quality?

kh

posted
I've seen this movement in lower quality with only 6 jewels but this one seems to have 15j. compared to the last generation of mechanical alarm clocks with only 1 jewel it is good enough to make a nice desk watch project.

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
Thank you again, Gerald.
kh