Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Vacheron case? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1207
posted
Hi John,
Heres hoping... I just pulled out some old silver cases that I thought had gone west. I checked one. Its a 4 piece half hunter case with the initials V&C (V and C). London hallmark 'r' for 1912. I cant find a case maker with the initials V&C anywhere. Do you think it may ne a Vacheron?
Greg.

Posts: 27 | Location: Barnsley in the United Kingdom | Registered: December 07, 2008
posted
Hi Greg, it could well be, I've nothing listed with 'V&C'in my books, so most likely made elsewhere and hallmarked in the UK from the sounds of it.

Any chance of some photo's?

Best regards

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
IHC Member 1207
posted
Hi John,
Thanks for the reply. I think it definitely is a Vacheron. Have a look at this Ebay listing with exactly the same stamp on the case.

Ebay

Posts: 27 | Location: Barnsley in the United Kingdom | Registered: December 07, 2008
IHC Member 1207
posted
How stupid am I? I have just looked again at the mark and the Vacheron trade mark 'Geneva cross symbol' is right next to the stamp. I need to get new glasses!.
Thanks for your help John.
Greg.