Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help ID The Movement Please!! "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
I have this O sz watch. The case we believe is French 18K and it is a DHB&B open face case. Thru research we believe by the left facing horse head profile and a makers mark of the initial S then a picture of a KEY and then initial G which are inside of a diamond outline, that it is from the township of Cambrai, Lille. Cambrai is a suberb of Lille and a very important town in the allied forces of the war.

Here is a scan of the movement, which is not that good but, I am looking for any help in ID on it. The winding teeth on the crown & ratchet are wolf-teeth wheels. The balance wheel is flat and uncut with three rounded spokes and no balance screws. There are no writings nor numbers on the movement except for the balance cock for F/S which are AVANCE/RETARD. It has a steel escape wheel as are the two winding wheels, the click,and the regulator. The plates and gears are gilt. It is a pin~set& stem wound mvmt. The dial is an unsigned RN porcelain with no seconds bit and gold Louis 14th hands.

Since it has the wolf teeth winding gears, I was thinking this may be a better grade or manufacturer than what we usually see Confused

Thank you for all help in shedding a bit of light on it Smile

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
The movement looks pretty generic, but I will take a wild guess: Piguet & Bachman.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Thank you Ethan!! I am clueless when it comes to most anything 'cept for American RR's.

Would that be Bachman or Bachmann ??

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009