Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Vacheron Constantin listed in IHC185 Auctions "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1016
posted
To show my stupidity, I listed a watch having no idea it was a Vacheron Constantin watch.

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...6021842/m/7273927757

Ray Hallenbeck pointed out what it really is and I have to thank him. It would have been easy for him to just hope no one noticed. This is a private label and has hairline issues and an incorrect case. After looking into this, I believe it was probably in a gold hunting case and that was scrapped a long time ago. Tom Brown loves to research this stuff and I hope he chimes in.

All goes to show what a great club this is.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
posted
No problems Mike, I had no idea mine was a PL Vacheron until someone pointed it out, the swiss unmarked movements are really confusing at times. The tell tale clue is the serial number, The "S" in the serial # denotes Special or Private label listing. Very nice example and they sure are accurate, high grade watches.

Regards,
Ray

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006