Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Regina - Omega ? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
Is there a connection between Regina and Omega for pocket watches and/or travel clocks?
Anyone?

kh

Posts: 921 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: March 25, 2013
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Ken,

There is a connection as Regina was primarily an Omega brand for watches sold through Canadian outlets.

Here is more...

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...eqWords=regina+omega

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...arch&reqWords=regina

And below, a really cool sign!

Debbie

Smile

Posts: 5220 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Yes,Regina was Omega's trademark for a line of watches it made for sale in Canada. It's a small world though,as many years ago I bought out Chadwick jewelers antique watchmakers stock, and there must have been 150 Regina tin signs. I just sold the last one two weeks ago LOL

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1691
posted
Little bit more information here at wikipedia.

I recently serviced what I call my "macabre" Regina - private labeled pocket watch for an asbestos mine in Quebec. Runs like a trooper 90 odd years after manufacture.

Regards

Peter in Oz

Posts: 259 | Location: Melbourne in Australia | Registered: March 19, 2012
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Of the several Regina/Omega watches that passed through my collection . . . oddly the most impressive was this AWCCo. coin cased 100 Plus year old Omega with a Canadian Watchmaker Marked 7 Jewel movement. I expect very few Omega manufactured movements were 7 jewel and after service, this one still tried to run a railroad!

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007