Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

my just arrived 14k Chronometro Novo lever set "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Just a beauty 14k watch I just bought, Swiss movement by whoever? lever set,every piece marked 14k,total weight 85gm. I saw another identical case with a slightly different movement,weight 81.63gm,with a case weight of 40gm so I believe this will be between 40 and 45gms of 14k gold. It had a yellowed celluloid crystal which was loose so I installed a 100 year old NOS glass crystal! It runs great and keeps excellent time though I do not know it's service record, but there are no watchmakers repair marks in the back or front lids Smile

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Very nice Tom....looks to me like one case screw and it will come out of the case....

Marnie has one of the same "Ancre" watches over in the 'Save it From the Scrapper' Forum....I believe it an 18k case watch....

Thanks for showing this one, Tom....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
I believe "ancre ligne droit" is French for straight line lever escapement and now that I'm wearing my glasses I see the low set case screw LOL Perhaps I had my thumb over it LOLConfused I suspect that the watch uses a fairly common Swiss ebauche but, should anyone know the maker I'd be delighted to hear from them. Have turned the case screw around and the movement still won't easily come out of the case,so I'll leave well enough alone,as it keeps excellent time and the regulator is set far over to slow!!! Wink