Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Timing & Repeating W. Co, USA Euro Hybrid? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I just won a "Timing and Repeating Watch Co. Piece on eBay. Shugart refers to them as a Company in Geneva (pg 551 2008 price book) who made stuff Based on Waltham designs. Other than this movement looking like it has a belt drive, I am sort of hard put to see a "Waltham touch" in it. Any ideas?

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Another angle of the "Belt Drive" watch

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Dial and movement look like there is supposed to be a sweep second hand.

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I will show more of this when it gets here

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Dave,

Here is one I did a while ago T&R watch Co split second.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
Think you nailed that one good Chris, and boy those hands are going to be hard to find or replicate!

Nice find too David, thanks for posting the pic's.

Best regards

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
posted
Looks alot like the Waltham model 74 chronograph. Probably where they made the reference.

Ray

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
Henry Alfred Lugrin invented the chronographe part section (Canada July 16 1877 - Engl.Patent July 28 1877).
My best regards
Tony

Posts: 17 | Location: Konstanz, Germany | Registered: November 29, 2005