WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  European Pocket Watch Forum    I need help I'd-ing the maker of a nice chronograph I've had for quite a while
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

I need help I'd-ing the maker of a nice chronograph I've had for quite a while "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Any help appreciated,hopefully Gerald is looking in
and drops in from across the seas Wink. This is a nice chronograph I've had for quite a while,and I'm wanting to know who made it ? Looks French to me but what do I know? LOL Confused

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

posted
Hi Tom -here I am Smile

I am happy that the maker of the watch put a logo on :

Dodane freres; Morteau; France. Dodane freres were the second generation of the Dodane watchmaker dynasty. The manufacture was founded 1857 and Dodane (5th gen.)is still (after shutdown in 1995) making watches (military chronographs and aircraft panel watches). Your watch was likely made in the 20's.

A short history of Dodane

The watch has a tachymeter dial: If you start the timer at begin and stop at the end of a 1 kilometer distance it shows the speed in kilometers per hour.

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
IHC Member 1892
posted
Tom: This movement looks like it started life as a 19 Lig. Valjoux S.A, maybe a #5

Posts: 361 | Location: Kincardine, Ontario in Canada | Registered: November 25, 2013
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
thank you very kindly Gerald and John Big Grin