Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Need help with 18k chronograph "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello group,
I am a new member to the 185 & this is my first post. I have this 18k Swiss chronograph with dual split seconds, the 1st I have seen or owned. My watchman has serviced the watch & while it was apart, I had him look for any marks as to who the maker might be. He found none. Does anyone have any idea who the maker of this high grade movement might be? Thanks in advance for any help. Best, Jim

Posts: 273 | Location: New York in the USA | Registered: May 28, 2008
posted
Another photo

posted
and another

posted
and the last.

posted

Picture of James H. Miller
posted
hi and welcome aboard,i dont know who made this but it sure is nice.is the case solid gold?
james

Posts: 279 | Location: Wheatridge, Colorado in the USA | Registered: January 20, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Glad you could join us, I am sure you will like it here.

That is a nice looking watch, did you watchmaker happen to remove the dial & look for the maker there?

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
Hello Tom & James,
I'm sure I'll like it here. I have lurked for awhile & have always heard great things about the 185. Not as negative as another site that I am a member of. This watch is a very heavy solid 18k case & my watchman did check under the dial. No marks at all. It seems that I had seen an IWC that was similar. It certainly is of the highest quality & the maker would be of great importantance. I have posted many large photos of the complete watch, check it out, it really is a thing of beauty. Thanks for the warm welcome... Jim

http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u287/treasurehuntjls/18k%20chronograph/

Picture of James H. Miller
posted
i dont know who made it but all i can say is WOW
james

Posts: 279 | Location: Wheatridge, Colorado in the USA | Registered: January 20, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
I cannot identify this movement, but it isn't similar to the movements in my C.H. Meylan, Leroy, Touchon, or C.L. Guinand split second chronographs.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I Hope that Chris Abell sees this, I expect he will have something to say about it, even if it is to offer to restore it further.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007