WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

What year/decade would this Terrasse "Lafayette" be? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
What time period would this Swiss watch be? It's not machine smooth like the 1940's onward. It's a 12s with 17j adjusted 3 positions and double roller. It needs a good cleaning and a case screw replaced.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Here's the movement side.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
posted
Hi Roland, guessing here but it looks like 1910 to late 20's to me.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Agreed. I'm currently carrying a 1926 Elgin 12s with the exact same dial as that one, as well as have a 12s Gruen from the early 20's having the same dial....so it was a popular base design during that period of time.

They just changed the name.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Thank you Ray and Mark. I agree with late 20's. I've just got to gently clean up the dial.
I have another similar movement that is from the same era, but with porcelain dial, so when I came across this with the metal dial thought made 1930's up to WWII.

Here;s a picture of the other Swiss movement that is very similar, but has mainspring barrel covered under the plate.

R. Glenn