Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

omega "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1418
Railroad Time Inspector
posted
I have aquired a project and as usual it is in left field. Le Brandt & frere 19 j 5pos. dr grade
serial 2504371 since is apart I will post a photo later if nessary. I believe this was a CPR approved watch. The dial is Regina in poor shape, no case. There is not much information out there that I can find anyway. Any information of course is appreciated
walter

Posts: 105 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 05, 2010
IHC Member 1418
Railroad Time Inspector
posted
More information if this helps. Marked DR grade 5 positions. I have attempted to send a pict, not good but best I could do.I dates it to 1902 from the omega number list.Questions I would ask you learned gentlemen and ladies are, where one look for parts? Is there any other model that will interchange? Or am I wasting my time in trying to bring this gem back to life? The parts that are damaged or missing are the barrel,spring,main wheel, trans. wheel, 2nd. wheel and all the winding assembly.Amazing that the balance is intact as well as the pallet.

IHC Member 1418
Railroad Time Inspector
posted
More questions before I go out and bu parts. Does any one know if the DDR grade or CR or CCR grade will interchange. Pictures of the movements seem all the same the difference on the CR models is the regulator. The DDR seems to be the same. All I can tell from the pictures is the jewel counts 19 to 21 and then 23 for the grade difference.

IHC Member 1110
posted
Hi Walt, I'm no expert, but I know the Louis Brandt Omegas are a really high grade Canadian RR watch, should be worth the effort!The ones I've seen pictures of had DS 24HR dials marked "Brandt", so the Regina dial is likely a replacement.In the 2009 Shugart guide, there's some info on pg.534.I had a chance to get a 19J BrandtCCR about 20 yrs ago for less than a hundred bucks, but passed on it.I've been kicking myself ever since!They are a nice watch.Maybe a lower grade Omega with the same plate layout may have some usable parts, although the finish may not be as fine as on the Brandt.Hopefully, some of the other members may be of more help.Good Luck, Ted.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Member 1418
Railroad Time Inspector
posted
With a little help here is a better picture.

IHC Member 1418
Railroad Time Inspector
posted
Some more information on the Brandt. Grade DR. 19 j. 20`` 180 Lepines LO. Does any one know where in this world on might find a materials list for Omega date 1902 to 1905.
Walter