Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

RE: Can someone Identify this Watch Maker "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1555
posted
Hi All,

Would someone be able to Identify the watch maker of this very nice watch, only mark under the dial are the numbers 64, only markings on the back plate are the numbers 378 near the balance?

Regards to All,
Bila

Posts: 2264 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Member 1555
posted
Under Dial

IHC Member 1555
posted
Movement Angle 1

IHC Member 1555
posted
Movement Angle 2

posted
Hi Bila

This is a very common swiss bar style movement dating back to ca.1890. Made by many with only minor differences so it will be hard to find the maker. In most examples watches with movements like this are titled 'anonymus' unless there is some labeling on the movement or the dial.
Your example is a pretty neat one. You should have a close look to the high polished detached lever, balanced or poised with two 'wings' close to the escapement wheel (sometimes called form 'bienne'). Golden polished wheels and a nice anglage (beveling) on the visible parts.

pin set; 17 jewels.

I think the number is no help for identification, it is a 3 digit match number to get together matching parts.

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
IHC Member 1555
posted
Thank you very much for your time & expertise Gerald, it is good to have an approximate date of manufacture. I too thought it had a very nice finish compared to a lot of these that I have seen over the years. All the best for the festive season.

Regards,
Bila