• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Vacheron Geneve "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I picked this up several years ago at a show in Wichita. There are no marks on the movement which is a bar type but the inner cover is marked 'Vacheron /Geneve /Cylindre /6 Rubis' The case is numbered 66084 but I don't find a number on the movement. Are there any thoughts as to whether this is genuine or some other Schweizer trying to trade on Vacheron's name.

Vacheron

Posts: 15 | Location: Newton, Kansas U.S.A. | Registered: September 02, 2004
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Vacheron & Constantin did make keywind lever movements. This partial movement I have is probably genuine. Does yours look anything like it? I do not know if they made cylinder escapement watches.

[edited to correct reference to cylinder escapements]

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
posted
Here's a scan of the works.

Posts: 15 | Location: Newton, Kansas U.S.A. | Registered: September 02, 2004
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Donald, your movement looks to me like a fairly common, low-grade bar movement. I doubt that it is a V&C and suspect you are correct that a retailer just put the name on the cuvette to try to improve the appeal of the watch.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003