• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

jeannaret "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I was at a store looking for "projects" and i found a watch in a gun metal case named jeannaret or maybe jeaneret. i was wondering if anybody knows about these watches. all i can find is about new wristwatches bearing this name.. along with the "blingy" look.

Posts: 112 | Location: Missouri in the USA | Registered: May 16, 2008
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
I had checked on these too, and if it's the same, you will find them all over. They are essentially new watches and are not really connected to the companies that originally made them. They come in many names like Jeanneret, with another name added to it most of the time. eg. Margaret and others. A lot of them are made in Hong Kong and although it states they are retail $2500.00 they are sold for around $115.00. I never did find out if any were well made, so the search could go on, but I would not count on finding much.
Below is one site that gives some information.
I never did finish reading all of it, but saved it for later, so I guess this is LATER huh? hehehe

Some are pretty nice looking though.
Too bad I'm a die hard Vintage watch collector.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/339873/the_tru...offbrand_luxury.html

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
Of course the best watch made is an antique watch. This watch caught my attention because 1(negatively) i saw the case was "cleaned" up of the black build up(gunmetal finish) with a motorized wire brush..ahhrrrg. 2 (positively) because when i looked at the movement i noticed it had a little hammer that i thought worked the alarm. A little home investigation later and i realize that it is a quarter repeater. And for less than an hundred dollars!!

Posts: 112 | Location: Missouri in the USA | Registered: May 16, 2008