• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Is this swiss? Unknow hall mark "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
This is one my mom has and bought it out for me to look over. The hall mark on the case were interesting to say the least. i do not have photos of the hallmarks thou i can on describe them till sunday when i take my camera up. There is and 18 and then 75, the 75 is under the 18 but sidewards. or laying down... the there what looks like a Cross, then a " r" in a square. Then the last is some thing i can only says look like a suite case. I have put up the movements which i think is swiss. Any feed back would be great... Francis

movement

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Without pictures, we are at a loss, however Big Grin

18K gold is .750 pure or 75% solid gold

So.... It could be 18K and the markings and case maker could confirm and/or deny this Smile

Pictures will be required at the very least Wink

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
posted
Buster i think that the little face below could be taken the WRONG way as being demenouring and could upset some one that is my honest opinion. I do not think a thread is useless if some one has a question to ask. I do apperciate your feedback about the 18 and the 75, even if i did try the markings on the case even with my good camera, would not be able to see clearly. I will attempted to get some. but like i said those little guys down the bottom of your threat could be taken the wrong way. Francis

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Francis, I can't speak for Buster. The one thing to keep in mind is we all enjoy seeing posts with photos & photos help us to determine what we are looking for.

The little sign holders Buster posted is a common post on firearm sites and it usually meant to be humorous. I have always just taken it as a little hint that we like photos and have always had a good chuckle at it, it has been pointed at me before.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
When you get pictures we will be able to determine much more for you. I have in essence given you a worthless opinion !! The signs the little guys are holding up are telling you,me and anyone reading this thread that "my" opinion, without pictures is worthless !! It means absolutely nothing more nor nothing less and are pointing towards "my opinion" as an invalid guess, at best.

However they aren't demons, they are nice little fellas that are on strike OR holding up the signs and are demanding picture/visuals in order to help with the question ! The first two words in their signs are "This Thread", well I am part of "this thread" since I gave an opinion and it definitely shouldn't be acted upon and it definitely is absolutely WORTHLESS until it may or may not be validated by way of "picture proof".

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Francis from the picture it is Swiss movement Ebauche circa 1900.
As for the markings no clue.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
Peter thanks Mate i appericate the feed back, also buster for tell me about the 18 and being 75% pure,i didnt put up a pic as I took the photo that is up there was taken with mobile phone and a hand held magifing glass, there was no way the hall marks would of been readable at all. Hence the questions. since we dont live in a perfect world no perfect pictures. Blessing every one.i was not having a dig at any one, it is not my make up.

posted
Buster I do not think any feed back that you or any one gives is useless. that is why i love this place, even when u stuff up wat u really mean some one with more knowledge comes and gives the right information like Tom.