Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

C.H. Meylan "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
I collect C.H. Meylans, but I haven't a clue as to how its serial numbers correleate with manufacture dates, nor do the numbers seem to be in chronological order, at least not based on the style of the watches in my collection. If any of you can let me know, I would be greatly obliged.

My own collection is comprised of:

#5,232 (minute repeater in unsigned 18k case)

#5,692 (unsigned Meylan; Theo. B. Starr private label minute repeater in 18k case)

#9,808 (unsigned Meylan; Bonnet private label in 18k Jeanot & Shiebler case). This looks older than the two preceding watches.

#25,159 (Dickerson private label in 14k case) This and all of the above are in cases that look pre WW1 to me.

#29.932 (Spaulding private label in Cress Arrow platinum case, that looks very 1920's)

#34,984 (16-18 3/4 plate old-fashioned watch in Dueber Silverine case). I will shortly post a separate message about this watch.

#36,079 (Bigelow, Kennard private label in 18k gold and enamel Cress Arrow case)

#36,258 (Spaulding private label in an 18k gold and enamel Cress Arrow case; very similar to preceding watch)

#41,309 (Platinum Cress Arrow case)

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
posted
Hi Ethan,
I can add some numbers with descriptions of Movements to your list if you're interested. I sold my smaller ones at the Pasadena show in February but I still have a few between 12-16 size. One is a P.L. by Stowell in Boston who I believe was a R.R.watch inspector.

The Meylan watches are always good quality but I don't remember owning running one in it's original case. I must be looking in the wrong places (or I'm too cheap). It sounds like you have a wonderful collection!
-Cort

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004