WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  European Pocket Watch Forum    Chinese Cylinder Escapement Anyone Know Anything About THIS watch???
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Chinese Cylinder Escapement Anyone Know Anything About THIS watch??? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1338
posted
English maker for Chinese market 1796-1835? era

Its a unknown english watch maker for the chinese market. It has a cylinder escapement with a carved movement. It also has the bat wing balance wheel. Its five or six jewels. Its key wind and key set from back. Its housed in a 56.50mm silver hunter case with movt serial number

the other cover has a sword, cannon, spear, arrows, quivver, battle ax, and items of war or battle. The dial has fancy asia hands

Watchmaker wanted me to post here for info, it is running silver hunter case.

Anyone seen anything like THIS before? Something else...any info appreciated

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Now that is a cool watch!! Tom, it looks like it has very thick plates (unless my eyes are getting worse then they already are). A while ago, I had an English cylinder escapement from the 1850's. It was very ornately carved but nowhere near the depth of yours.

I'll be interested to see if anyone has any info on this watch.

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
IHC Member 1555
posted
That has turned out absolutely beautiful Tom, send my best wishes to Don and tell him that he has done an astounding job.

Regards,
Bila

Posts: 2264 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011