Internet Horology Club 185
A TREASURE from my "little bird on the wall"!

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2291010082/m/475105043

September 19, 2010, 15:20
David Abbe
A TREASURE from my "little bird on the wall"!
A few weeks ago after a hectic day listing some watches, I perused eBay listings and found this;
"Edwin Flinn silver pocket watch in hunter case"

AT;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...geName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

September 19, 2010, 15:24
David Abbe
A "LITTLE BIRD ON THE WALL" TOLD ME TO BID IT.

Somehow, after 11 other bidders bid it "up" to a point still under my bid, it came here for under half a hundred.

I carefully inspected it and found . . . A NEW WATCH!

September 19, 2010, 15:27
David Abbe
When Opened, several discoveries came to light . . .
Perfect Fusee setup with added internal constant tension shortwind system for constant train drive torque. i.e. A chronometer grade motor system.

September 19, 2010, 15:32
David Abbe
A totally tarnish and crud-free Movement
(After Cleaning!)

September 19, 2010, 15:33
David Abbe
A fine Case properly Hallmarked (1882?)

September 19, 2010, 15:35
David Abbe
Wrapped around a totally exquisite "Edwin Flinn, Allesley Rd., London" Fusee of the highest grade I have had the pleasure to restore. (Oh yes, I put in a new high dome crystal too!)

September 19, 2010, 16:48
Eric Unselt
Beautiful piece, David - must be quite a thrill to haul that out of your pocket every few minutes to check the time. Smile

I'm guessing somewhere around 1850?
September 19, 2010, 18:29
Tom Brunton
Lovely watch David.I went to $175 at our local auction Thursday night and got outbid on an extreme high quality fusee with no name,just a # but everything about it was quality. I did get a gorgeous quality Gubelin 8 day clock with alarm, running just beautifully, needs only a clean and oil.
September 23, 2010, 11:18
Jerry King
Another great find and beautiful restoration, Dave....

Is that 78' Morgan part of your deal or did you add the chain and fob...?

Regards,

Jerry
September 24, 2010, 01:09
David Abbe
I got a 50's style Orangy-Pink naugahyde "junky lookin" Jewelry box at a yard sale for ten bucks. The people were "cleaning out gramma's attic" and I saw a Waltham 83 on top of the pile . . . the Morgan swam outa the junk later when I got it home. So when this watch showed up, I thought it was about the same age so . . .
September 24, 2010, 16:21
Jerry King
Don't know what you paid for the 'Orangy-Pink' Jewelry Box but that Morgan is worth at the very least an Andrew/Abraham combo....If you know what I mean.... Big Grin

Some folks just fall in it, others have to work at it.... Wink

Regards,

Jerry