• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

English Watch Co, Information. UPDATE. "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I bought an old English pocket watch (circa 1892)about two years ago with the view to restoring it, I'm a bit of a impulsive buyer, the watch looked like it was water damaged, I'm a soft touch for hopeless cases, this just called out to me!
I dismantled the watch sometime ago, cleaning to assess the damage, I've been looking for the maker ever since wanting to get spares, untill now I stumbled over a German site which has makers logos and makers names, It turns out tobe English Watch Co, 1874 - 1897. Can anyone give me any information regarding this maker, and point me in the right direction to obtaining parts.
All contributions would be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Regards Ian.
UPDATE.
I've been searching the web sites for more information on the English Watch Co.
The companys logo is the EWCo conjoined and stamped on the dial plate. They were machined made movements formed from the bankrupt Anglo- American Watch Company, set up by Arron Dennison in Birmingham, England, in 1874.
The works manager was a Charles Haseler, a Robert Bragge was the casemaker (RB).
This was the first attempt at manufacturing watches based on the American System, using the old Tremont Watch Company machinery in England, they went on to produce around 200.000 watches, untill 1897.
If anyone can add anymore information it would be well recieved.
Ian.

Posts: 39 | Location: Nottingham in the United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2010