Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

A new crystal for a 1/4 hour French repeater "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
I just finished this one and sent it off a few days ago. A nice low jeweled 1830ish French Breguet style 1/4 hour repeater in a slim gold case. It came into my hands with a plastic replacement crystal. The one I made is a double lunette 51.5mm in diameter with 3mm clearance underneath. The glass used was Swiss made 1.2mm Electroverre. The new crystal is as original and compliments the case/dial/hands/pocket in the proper manner. I suspect this first time customer will be pleased.

Just thought I would show off one of my "special" jobs.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Beautiful William, amazing rejuvenation.

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Bravo! Cool
Funny I was just talking with a guy about wrist watch crystal and I told him I know someone who can make you one for his vintage watch.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks Peter, As long as the crystal is round and greater than 25mm diameter I can probably do it.

William