• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

A Dupont Fusee Pocket Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Please help me identify the quality of this 34 mm Dupont Geneve Swiss Verge Fusee made in the late 1700’s in a 18K gold case. What do you think of the year of origin, reputation of Dupont, and any other special features. How collectible is this one? The photos are all at:
Dupont Verge Fusee Pocket Watch

Thanks for your comments as always! Cool

John F. Murray

Posts: 48 | Location: Palm Beach, Florida in the USA | Registered: April 28, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Hi John

I can't offer any information as to the quality of the watch other than I like old European pocket watches.

In Watchmakers & Clockmakers of the World by Loomes there are two watchmakers listed in Geneva by the last name of Dupont. One is Dupont, Antoine 1770-90 & Dupont, Freres early 19c.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
thanks Tom! Smile

John F. Murray

Posts: 48 | Location: Palm Beach, Florida in the USA | Registered: April 28, 2008
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
I have no idea if there is a connection or not, but there is a Dupont that does enameling on very very high end clocks. I had seen them many times, but was not sure of the name, and when I saw your post I took a look, and you can see lots of them when you do a clock search with the Dupint name.

Wouldn't it be great if they were the same!

Could be.........around the same time period!

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
thanks Shiela and let me know if you find out any more. It could be him. I have three Duponts listed in my Baillie book from Geneve .. (1) Antoine (ca. 1770-1790); (2) Jean Jaques (1775-1791); and (3) Freres (early 19th century) .... so wonder which one made this watch and if any of them are your Dupont?

John F. Murray