Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Rotherham pocket watch? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Can anyone tell me about this watch, all I know is that it is in a solid gold 9K case slightly lager than size 18, I have been told it is a Rotherham watch, super condition.It is, an English side lever with pointed scape wheel teeth.

Thanks

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
p2

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Case Serial No matches movement, case maker seems to be J R, can anyone date it cant find stamp?

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Have also noticed this strange Crown/winding Mech, and also on back of the dial is also movement ser No wrote in the porcelain before firing, custom Dial?

posted
Rotherhams of Coventry were one of the first companies to make watches by machine in England. The majority of the watches they produced had only 7 jewels so your watch is better than average.
You should be able to date your watch by looking up the hallmark

Regards
Dave Thomas

Posts: 27 | Location: Warrington, in the United Kingdom | Registered: December 08, 2002
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Dave I found the hallmark I think 1926.
strange set up on the balance?

posted
Looks like a normal English compensating balance with timing srews.

Regards
Dave Thomas

Posts: 27 | Location: Warrington, in the United Kingdom | Registered: December 08, 2002