Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Interesting 18K Case "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
I was out and purchased a few watches yesterday and I bought one that really caught my eye. It is a 18K Hunter case about a 8 size with gorgeous multi color and raised multi colored enamel flowers. I am not sure who the maker is so any help would greatly be appreciated so I can describe it more accurately. My other question is has anyone ever seen a cuvette such as this. I know many would put pictures in the back cover of a family member but this cuvette has a removable bezel made to put a picture under it and even has a ridge for a crystal. Any input would be appreciated since it is a first for me. I might have paid to much for the watch but it looked to be a high quality watch in great condition.

The picture of the cuvette has the bezel loose so you can see it is seperate.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is the movement marked the same as the dial with a private label Hamrick & Son Philadelphia

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is the case

IHC Life Member
posted
Back cover

IHC Life Member
posted
Here is the clean dial

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Rob - the movement is made by Agassiz. If you show us the casemaker's mark maybe we can identify them as well.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks Jerry here is the case mark

posted
Gorgeous watch, Mr. Jones. My bride (of 50 years) loves swans and collects swan-related things. Do you intend to sell this piece privately, or on eBay? I guess I'm interested.

Joe Jones

Posts: 47 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana USA | Registered: April 24, 2006
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Joe, you could put your wife's picture in the holder!

Rob, you sure do come up with amazing items! Eek

Thanks Jerry for helping identify the movement!

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
Yes thanks to Jerry I can finish the description to list. I will probably be listing it on my Ebay site in the begining of the week as usual with no reserve and 50 cents starting. I would like to see this beauty go to a fellow member but most of the small gold ones end up in Japan.

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Robert that,s a beautiful case it will sale good. Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
American case by Wheeler, Parsons & Hayes. Movement appears to be an Agassiz.

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks Jerry for the info. Has anyone ever seen a cuvette like this, I do not remember ever seeing one in my travels. Smile

IHC Life Member
posted
OK Joseph and other it is listed

posted
I used to say dust cover and switched to cuvette
somewhere along the line. I can't remember when, and there is no why, but it sure sounds nicer.

Wonderful case Rob!
-Cort
<(';')>

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
IHC Life Member
posted
Wow Eek This is exciting I guess I did not pay to much. Wonder where it will end up. Still have almost 5 days left. Big Grin

On another note this cuvette or dust cover looks like it was made this way but I am not sure. Does anyone know if this is an add on or original. I have been asked a couple times.

Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Well, ole man,I hope it goes to $5 grand, then you will be able to drive up to Helen and have you a steak at Paul's instead of your usual Mc burger. Big Grin

Or perhaps you just save it for another time and I will take you. If any one deserves it you do. Smile

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
posted
I'm happy to report that I won this watch for my bride of 50 years, and I'll put a photo of me in 1957 in the picture frame! Wonder if she will recognize me?

Joe Jones

Posts: 47 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana USA | Registered: April 24, 2006