WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  European Pocket Watch Forum    "Railway Timekeeper"-asking for help to identify, what, when & who
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

"Railway Timekeeper"-asking for help to identify, what, when & who "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Apologies first, pictures from cell phone.

-watch dial reads, Railway Timekeeper-W.M. Slater, Liverpool, did not have loupe & could not read word beneath Liverpool, I think a series of 5 numbers.
-hallmark indicates silver case, maker "RS", shield to right of RS looks like Chesterfield but don't think so.
-Arabic "G" ?
-could not find as yet any info in symbol beneath "G"
-Bezel swings out as does movement. No name on movement or Serial number.

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014
posted
dial 2

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014
posted
movement

posted
movement 1

posted
movement & hallmarks

posted
case inside

posted
another view

posted
You are not showing the movement - it's under that dust cap. Slide the lock arm to one side to release it and lift the dust cap off.

Posts: 16 | Location: Oregon in the USA | Registered: November 16, 2015
Life Member
posted
David Moss is correct. Probably the movement is marked.

I don't know for certain, but suspect "Railway Timekeeper" was put on a lot of watch faces as a marketing device. Until I lost my house, and a lot of personal possessions, I had my great grandfather's watch, an 18 size key wind and set common 13 jewel Swiss bar detached lever movement with a single sunk enameled dial that read "Railway Timeheeper" in red letters and "M.J.Tobias Liverpool" in black letters. If memory serves, the hunting case was silver hallmarked for Birmingham,1870.

Posts: 213 | Location: Westminster, Maryland in the USA | Registered: March 02, 2015