Internet Horology Club 185
beautiful early 1800 verge fusee

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2291010082/m/2973979387

November 30, 2014, 15:32
Victor Kienas
beautiful early 1800 verge fusee
I finaly completed one of my favorite pocket watches.a while back I took a chance and bought a case with only the dial and dial plate with it.it looked like it had spent its last days in the ground or something.it needed help.i got it for about $12 on ebay because no one else could see the potential.i got it and cleaned the case and dial with dish soap and an electric tooth brush.they came out nice and you couldn't tell they were the same pieces.i then went through all of my verge fuse movements and found one that I could make fit.i spent probably 40 hours trying to get the movement working but it just wasn't in the plans.i then found another that I got running and had to fit the dial plate and dial to.the winding hole was off a bit and I had to put another one in,but everything else worked out well.i now have the watch running well and I think it is a real beauty.the dial is solid silver with 3 different colors of gold or gold colored material.i just happened to have a perfect high dome crystal that was a bit to big,so I sanded the bottom down so it fit.solid silver heavy carved case looks great.just ready to start my next project.have a great day..

November 30, 2014, 15:33
Victor Kienas
pic 2

November 30, 2014, 15:34
Victor Kienas
pic 3

December 01, 2014, 16:52
Norman Mayberry
That is a beauty.Nice job of restoration.If you need a few more projects,I have a half dozen or so fusse movements you can have for the shipping cost.Regards.Norm
December 01, 2014, 16:59
Victor Kienas
I would love to have them.tell me how much and I will paypal you the money for them.
December 01, 2014, 19:21
Peter Kaszubski
Great job I like the dial very unusual.
looks like it will need gold tone second hand and is complete.
If you need bull eye crystals I have few for sale.
December 01, 2014, 20:07
John Willis
Wonderful job Victor. I share your interest in the old fuse watches and have acquired a few. I don'y do so much with then anymore but I have kept them to enjoy. Mine are mostly English pair case. I would probably have a gold coloured second hand if you want to change it (not solid gold though). Holler if you want one, John
December 01, 2014, 23:57
Victor Kienas
I looked through some of my stuff and came up with a gold toned second hand and installed it.looks right now...thanks for the coments.