Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Private Label Patek Philippe Case Maker Mark? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
Can you identifythe case maker mark on the inside of the cuvette of a Bingam & Walk private label Patek Philippe in a rose 14k gold box-hinge case?

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
That is the mark of Jeannot & Shiebler of New York. They made very high quality custom cases for many imports and some domestic watches. Many of their cases are marked to match the movement serial number. Their case factory was purchased in 1903 or 1904 by the Dubois Watch Case Co. and some of the old employees continued to work for Dubois.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
Thanks, Jerry. Indeed, the movement and the case all have the same number.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
posted
Ethan: Can we see the movement?

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
Sure.

posted
Thanks Ethan. I have the same movement, #62066. However, mine has what is called a moustache lever. I don't see that on yours. The case on mine is American and marked 18k. There is nothing else on the case to identify the maker.

Jerry Freedman

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002