• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

International Watch Co. New York "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I was diging through some of my "old stuff" today and ran across this watch movement/dial. To bad there is no case. It needs a lot of help but I don't think it is beyond repair. I thought some of you may enjoy seeing the pictures and get you looking through your "old stuff" to see what you may find.

Posts: 130 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas U.S.A. | Registered: September 25, 2004
posted
another picture.

Posts: 130 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas U.S.A. | Registered: September 25, 2004
posted
one more picture.

Picture of Tom McIntyre
posted
You have an IWC "Jones" model. These were the first products of the company while Florence Aristo Jones was still running it. There should be a letter engraved near the balance cock showing the grade of the watch. I think the New York names were also a grade indication on those marked New York. The watch was made in Switzerland. You can see pictures of my similar watch here. http://www.awco.org/European/IWC/IWC.htm

Posts: 633 | Location: Boston, Massachusetts USA | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
WOW! That's a beautiful watch and in a nice case too. The serial number on the one I found is 3891. A early one. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Kind regards,
Bob

IHC Life Member
Picture of Cooksey Shugart
posted
See page 505 P.G. (early I.W.C. catalog ad Ca.1873) may be pattern B.
Cooksey

Posts: 62 | Location: Cleveland, Tennessee USA | Registered: November 27, 2002