WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Is this a Swiss, French or Russian made pocket watch? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Hi all. I have this 16s pocket watch that is called Victory thin model with 17j. No other markings or even a serial number on movement or under the dial. Any ideas as to make and era? Thank you, Roland.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Here's the dial with a weave pattern made of metal.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
What is stamped on the movement on the center bridge near the hinge to the case, I can't make it out in the photo.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
I'd say Swiss, 1930.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Tom, it says 17 Jewels. That is all. Its a very nice machined movement with a stight polished highgloss then satin stripe to it and very thin like the Gruens. So William figures Swiss 1930's. Is that because of the style of the dial?

Roland.

R. Glenn

posted
Swiss 30's

style of the dial; style of the hands; blue minute numerals
dial feet and dial screws the rectangular hairspring attachement.

I think it's a Cortebert movement (was also used as ebauche (raw) by other manufacturers)

What is marked on the inner side of the back cover ?

very nice finish and very good condition.

Regards,
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Hi Gerald, thx for the info. All that is marked on the inside of the rear cover is "Extra Blanc Metal" and the number 202649.

Roland

R. Glenn