Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

How original is this Ball ? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
This was passed on to me by my late Father. I know there were balls with roman dials - but two hour hands? was that added later or?
Any info you gentleman could share with me on this watch would be appreciated. And of course, if you told me it was one of a kind, and worth a small fortune, that would be nice too Wink

pic 1

Posts: 248 | Location: Tacoma, Washington in the USA | Registered: March 10, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
pic 2

Posts: 248 | Location: Tacoma, Washington in the USA | Registered: March 10, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
pic 3

IHC Life Member
posted
pic 4..... thanks for your help guys!

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Hi Kevin

Looks like your father left you a nice watch.

I by far am no Ball expert, about all I can tell you is it looks to be a Ball made by Waltham about 1920, I could not quite make out the serial number.

How about a photo of the case back marks?

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks Tom. It's serial number B 263910

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Kevin that is a beautiful looking watch. The Timezone hand really adds to attractive dial with the Canadian 24 hour markings. Not sure about the case as I thought all Ball watches came in a marked case but it does go well with that movement and dial.

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks Steve - as I am a novice, should I assume also that the second time zone hand was added at a later time, or were they available that way?

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Kevin,

You need a Ball expert on that. Someone like Lindell could give you the whole breakdown on it. I am sure he will get to this soon.

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008