WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Open to the World RESEARCH FORUMS  Hop To Forums  Ball Watch Company Research Forum    Article from The Jewelers' Circular 1899 Rockerfeller Capital Put into Webb Ball Co.
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Article from The Jewelers' Circular 1899 Rockerfeller Capital Put into Webb Ball Co. "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Article from The Jewelers' Circular 1899 Rockerfeller Capital Put into Webb Ball Co.

Rockefeller Capital Put into the Webb C. Ball Co.

Cleveland, O., Oct. 29.—It has just been officially announced that an important change will be made in the conduct of one of Cleveland's foremost jewelry establishments. Rockefeller capital will henceforth play an important part in the furthering of the business interests of the Webb C. Ball Co., of this city.

At a meeting of the stockholders in the local offices of the company, Frank Rockefeller and Frank Brewster, of the Standard Oil Co.. New York, identified themselves with the Ball company by investing in substantial blocks of stock. Frank Brewster was elected president of the company, with the following persons composing the directorate: Frank Rockefeller, Frank Brewster, J. A. Beidler, J. H. Dempsey, F. I. Ball, J. P. Dawley and Webb C. Ball.

It is the purpose of the company to push the Ball watch among railroad people and the public generally.

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
Tom,

Great stuff!

I think this kind of fits in with the other research you did for us on Ball Companies.

regards,

Bill

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Good Bill

I always worry that I am either posting old news to everyone of stuff no one but me finds interesting.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
Tom,

You don't get many ataboys here or on other websites. Usualy most responses deal with questions or controversy.

When you post a clear informative post, most of us will just read it greatfully and go about our business.

Come back and check the view counter in a few weeks and you will see the interest.

More importantly you are adding to the total knowledge that a research section like this contains.

I have repeatedly refreshed my knowledge or been able to clarify information by browsing this forum repeatedly over the years.

happy hunting,

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
IHC Member 665
posted
That is valuable confirmation of what has been previously suspected. To persuade the Waltham watch company to make special plates and balances as well as special markings in high grade and in considerable quantity would have taken considerable persuasion. The Rockefeller backing would have been invaluable.

Good research.

Posts: 209 | Location: East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia | Registered: December 31, 2005