WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Open to the World RESEARCH FORUMS  Hop To Forums  Ball Watch Company Research Forum    EH Flach St. Thomas Ball Watch Co.20th Century model leather wallet
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

EH Flach St. Thomas Ball Watch Co.20th Century model leather wallet "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
A real nice historical old Ball's
20th Century Model Railroad Standard Watches advertising wallet,the other side advertising jeweler E.H.Flach of St.Thomas Ontario ,official timekeeper of the Pere Marquette Railroad,and a Ball agent.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
posted
Neat!! Looks to be in really great shape.

Congrats

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Hello Tom:

Nice example of a Ball wallet made for the Canadian market, these wallets are larger than their US counterparts. And have Winnipeg only on the cover. Here is one from my collection.

Larry

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
My example is from Alberta, marked D.E. Black & Co. Jewelers C.N.R.-C.P.R. Watch Inspectors Calgary

IHC Member 665
posted
This wallet covers Cleveland, Chicago, San Francisco and Winnipeg. There is no jeweler marking.

Posts: 209 | Location: East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia | Registered: December 31, 2005
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
John:

This would be an example of the one I referred to earlier, being smaller size. Here is a later one I believe from a jeweler in Joliet, Illinois it has no cities mentioned, probably after all operations were consolidated in Chicago.

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
National Jewelers

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Here is another one from Canada, in a lighter brown leather.

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
It is marked:

Henry Birks and Sons Ltd.
C.P.R. Watch Inspectors
Calgary, Alta.

Henry Birks came from England and established his business in Montréal, Québec, in the 1930s he expanded his operations buying out many jewelers across Canada including DR Dingwall of Winnipeg, Manitoba and DE Black of Calgary, Alberta. I date this watch inspection card holder to the 1940s, as it was given to me from a locomotive engineer I used to work with he hired out in 1942.

Larry

posted
Larry,

Got to love it and be jealous of your ephemera!

thanks for sharing,

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Thanks Bill, it's been fun collecting these treasures, now if only I could find a Ball BLF&E celluloid pin back.