• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

need some help identifying a Ball watch..... "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a friend that wanted to get some info on his watch so he gave it to me to research....I'm having some problem finding this exact match...He told me that the watch was a transition watch but when I think of a that type of watch I think of the ones that you could set the time two ways....This watch can only be set via stem.....Would this have been a transition of some type for the company?... .It is serial number B406915, a 19J, OF, pendent set, double roller, 12sz(I believe...might be wrong) screw down jewels, dial says just "Ball"(looks kinda like the metal dials you see on Hamilton 912's or maybe it's a refinished dial?) and housed in a "Star" white gf case(bow is not a stirrup style).....I would like to find out the approx. age, quantity produced, value from low to high....I know the watch needs a crystal and a new sleeve as the pendant won't stay down to wind it....Any help would be appreciated....Thank you... Smile

"It's like deja vu all over again..."

Posts: 871 | Location: Savannah, Georgia in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2009
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Robert,

What you have is a Ball-Illinois gentleman's dress watch, commercial standard, produced in 1927 in a single run of 8,000 watches. The book values, on page 157 of the fat book, are $150-225-375.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Ed thank you for the information.... Smile

Posts: 871 | Location: Savannah, Georgia in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2009
posted
Ed would you have any idea how much a new sleeve and a new crystal would cost?

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
It shouldn't be too much, less than $20 if you can find them.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Ed sent you an email....