Internet Horology Club 185
Muckle Crystal Question...

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1086047761/m/6543961297

October 30, 2018, 16:02
Fred Orr
Muckle Crystal Question...
Aloha, I have a Muckle case that needs a new crystal. I would like to know if the original crystal in the Muckle cases were flat or domed. I would appreciate it very much if a member could advise me what the original crystal design was? mahalo, Fred
October 30, 2018, 19:39
Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
William White makes some of the best crystals around. I believe in flat or curved. I don't know anything about that crystal but Bill may or maybe someone else may.

Here is a link to Bill who is a member here; Crystals
October 30, 2018, 20:19
Steven Ford
Fred,
The crystal on my Muckle case has a slight dome, about 1/8 inch. It can't be too high or it will not fit under the back cover. William may know how much dome it needs if he has made one for a Muckle case before.

Hope this helps.

Steve
October 30, 2018, 21:13
Fred Orr
Aloha Harry and Steven, thank you very much for your supersonic replies. I have sent Bill an email asking him the same question and also asked if he still will fit a crystal to a case if it is sent to him. I will let you know how this turns out. These Muckle cases are really interesting to me and I am on the lookout for good ones. Mahalo nui, Fred
October 30, 2018, 22:03
Kevin Hoffman
Aloha Fred , I see I am late in replying , but I ran across this and thought I would post in case someone else has the same question.

October 30, 2018, 23:42
Fred Orr
Aloha Kevin and thank you for your post. Very interesting and it appears that the crystal has a very low profile which is the information I wanted to obtain. This case is moderately worn but still nice. Again, mahalo and have a great evening, Fred
October 31, 2018, 00:10
William D. White
Hello Fred and for anyone else who might need one of these in the future, these crystals are beveled and just slightly convex. I have oversized blanks already made for these. It's no problem. It is best to have the entire case when fitting one though.

Thanks,

William

info@whitescrystals.com
November 01, 2018, 02:43
Fred Orr
Aloha William, thank you very much for the reply. Having the right crystal for this unusual case is essential . I will be sending you the whole case very shortly. Thank you for being such a great resource to the watch collector community. Mahalo, Fred