Internet Horology Club 185
ILLINOIS Specially made for Basch & Co.

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1086047761/m/294102399

January 23, 2005, 10:56
Pete Cronos
ILLINOIS Specially made for Basch & Co.
Purchased this watch in Tennessee right after Christmas. Does anyone have one with the same markings? What dial does yours have. Should this dial also advertise Basch & Co??
Thanks
Pete Cronos

ILLINOIS Basch & Co.

January 23, 2005, 11:01
Pete Cronos
The dial is marked Illinois should it be a Basch & Co dial? Does anyone have a Basch and Co dial for sale??
THNAKS
Pete

basch4.jpg

January 23, 2005, 11:03
Pete Cronos
Movement is marked Basch & Co.

basch3.jpg

January 23, 2005, 12:02
Charles R. Sides
Just got one from Fred Hansen a couple weeks ago on this 185 for sale board. It's a 19j marked Specially made for basch & Co. Adj 3 pos. It has the str line ILLINOIS dial.

Everthing is in great shape. I had the movement cleaned and it is sparkling, & keeping great time.

I doubt these ever had Basch dials. Most of the 16s PL in this era and grade carried Illinois dials.

Your watch looks 100% correct to me and is in really nice condition. These were not factory cased, but yours looks very much like mine except for the bow. What kind of case is it in.

Charlie
January 23, 2005, 14:01
Pete Cronos
The case is marked S.W.C.CO. 20 years. The design on the outside is sereral 6 petal flowers with a place for initials. Around the center part of the case it has straight lines similar to the designes on the edge of a quarter.
January 23, 2005, 15:00
Lindell V. Riddle

Pete,

Charlie's is in a Dueber case, your "S.W.C.CO. would be Star Watch Case Company. Of course, that's right in line with them being cased and timed by the selling retail jeweler.

We are told the movement being private labeled cost the jeweler very little, however the dial being marked with their name ran up costs. Having everything match therefore is less common.

Interesting watches, quite a coincidence!

Lindell

Wink