Internet Horology Club 185
Rockford Grade 640 hunter 21j

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1086047761/m/2333962297

December 03, 2018, 14:59
Claude Griffith
Rockford Grade 640 hunter 21j
I picked up a Rockford grade 640 which is a 21j pendant set hunter mate to the 645 I think. I found an old discussion topic on this grade but there isn't much out there on it or the 645. It appears that 1-2 thousand were produced of the hunters and there was some debate if the grade was adjusted to only heat/cold/iso or also adjusted to positions. It appears when it comes to Rockfords there is not a lot of discussion or information out there.

Can anyone add some deeper insight on this grade?
December 04, 2018, 06:49
Lindell V. Riddle

You are right Claude, we got into them rather deeply both in 2012 and earlier this year. Big Grin Here are those previous topics listed...

Find-Or-Search: https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...eqWords=Rockford+645

Let's see if we can get into them again.

Lindell

Wink

December 04, 2018, 10:38
Claude Griffith
I sometimes pick Rockfords on the fly and I saw this one on the big bidding site and it went for the opening bid (only bidder) which shocked me a bit since it was in a nice 20yr Philly case with no traces of damaged hinges or brassing that I could see. Around 200 seemed a decent price especially for a nice 21j hunter. I picked up a beautiful 21j model 4 Hampden adj5p in a near mint case for under 100, sometimes I am thankful for bad photographers. When the Rockford arrives and I have it cleaned I will take some photos. It is near the middle of the first run but digging deeper I see there was a later run but I am not sure they are marked differently on the adjustments or not.
December 04, 2018, 14:35
Dr. Debbie Irvine

This will be very interesting, there needs to be more emphasis on Rockfords, they produced some really fine movements.

Wink

December 07, 2018, 09:22
Claude Griffith
Thanks goodness for bad photographers, the watch is stunning, did not go wrong by any rate and photos are coming.