• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

WW2 watch military Mimo? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Please share the information on this clock? Year, rare?

Posts: 18 | Location: Moscow, Russia Federation | Registered: April 15, 2011
posted
Please share the information on this watch? Year, rare?

posted
Hi. It is an interesting looking wristwatch. From what I can see in the photos I do not think it is military. Military timepieces are well marked by the governments that issue them. There are no military markings on this one that I can see. Is the back of the case marked?

I do not know what the words MIMO CENTRIC mean. Hopefully someone here might know. It is hard to tell from the photo, but from what I can see these words seem to be in a different color of paint from any other markings on the dial, and the paint seems to be newer. It is possible that these words were added by someone after the watch was made and sold to someone.

Rarity does not always result in a high price. What results in a high price is mostly desireability combined with rarity, how much is original, and overall condition. I do not see a maker's name on either the movement, the case, or the dial so that will subtract from the value. Most collectors pay the highest prices for watches made by famous watchmakers. Watches without any maker's markings usually are those that are from less well known makers.

The date for it is hard to say since there is no identifying information on the movement, but from the general style my guess is from somewhere between the 1930s to the 1950s.

Since I do not recognize this particular wristwatch I can not say for sure what its value is, but in my personal opinion I would not have been willing to pay even a fraction of the price that it sold for on Ebay. But it is also possible that it has a special meaning and could be worth that much or even more. I don't know.

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
seems to me there is something written that some of the Mimo Centric watches were made by Girard Perregaux for the WW2 German military Confused

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Hi Sergey.
I think this is a doctor's or nurse's watch because of the layout of the dial. There is one register for the hours, (1-12), one register for the minutes, (0-60) and a sweep second hand in the center. Hence the "Centric". The outer most register is the seconds, the next is used to check the heart rate or pulse. It works like this: You count 30 pulsations and check the time. ( 30 pulsations took 20 seconds. Your pulse rate is 90.)
If you do a Google search you will find some more information on Mimo watches.

Regards, Krister

Posts: 375 | Location: Backaryd, Sweden | Registered: April 19, 2009
posted
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!