Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham K-W-2 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello,
I have a simple Waltham ORD. DEPT OF-xxxxxx with an unknown mark between the lugs "K-W-2". Anyone knows what it mean ?
tks,
Arend

Posts: 2 | Location: Porto Alegre RS Brazil | Registered: February 14, 2006
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Thank you for your posting Marcus, and welcome to NAWCC-IHC.

While I have not seen anything specific about it, it is my understanding that K-W-2 was a military inspectors mark.

Best regards,

Greg

Posts: 1983 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
Thank you !
I would like to show the pics:

Posts: 2 | Location: Porto Alegre RS Brazil | Registered: February 14, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
I believe it stands for Keystone-Waltham-2nd case style. I've seen other similar markings on Walthams for example, K-W-1 and K-W-3. These have all been Keystone cases. I've also seen K-H-1 and K-H-2 on a few Hamiltons. I believe (it's been a while since I've been home so I'm going by memory here)that I have a NOS case at home that is marked K-E-3 and it is stamped on the inside of the caseback as an Elgin. Also the original paper envelope it came in says that it was for an Elgin wrist watch. Hope this helps.

Posts: 101 | Location: San Antonio, Texas in the USA  | Registered: July 25, 2006