Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamburg American Clock. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello Again, Can anyone tell me anything about this clock?. #1, Age. #2, Is Number on label ser,# or model#. Wooden Case is in good shape, made to look like French style Marble Case. The value on our market is approx $175. Iv'e had it around 12 yrs and got it for pennies due to movement being in pieces in a plastic bag inside case,I gambled it was all there. Regards, Ged.

Hamburg American Clock

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Rear view,

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Inside Back Door.

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Ged,
I don't know a lot about these, but I did find a similar one HERE.

It is a very fine looking clock. I have a couple of those - pieces in the box - clocks waiting for my attention. I hope they turn out as nice as this one.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
Hamburg-American Clock company was Trade mark registered in 1892. The company was in business from 1882 to 1926.

Posts: 287 | Location: Westlake, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 11, 2004
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Tom, The clock you found AD' for does look very similar, Price is a little too high for this kneck of the woods, That price is around twice what it would fetch here. I suppose what I really need is for someone with exact same clock to see if number on label is the same as mine and if it is then it would make it the model number. Thanks for dating info' Doug. PS, I may add a little sticker in the back with that dating info'. Regards to all, Ged.
By the way Tom, Did you mean you have a couple of H.A.C.'s To restore?. Smile

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Ged,
I would like a couple of HACs to restore, but unfortunately, mine are not. I would thik the number on the back is not a serial number. Serial numbers were generally not used on clocks. My guess is that it is a model or catalogue number.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello All, There is exact same HAC Clock in local auction tomorrow, I was tempted to leave a bid on it but SHE was looking over my shoulder and mentioned needing Oil in our heating supply tank. Oh well I didnt need another one, ( The Paper Label was missing inside rear door) Regards to All, Ged.