Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Clock opinions and suggestions "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
So here is the laydown, my sister-in-law enjoys doing this form of art work on various types of media from canvas, clay tile, and even plywood board. In this case, it is a 12” x 12” piece of quarter inch ply wood. She cranks these things out because she enjoys doing it but really has no idea what to do with them after they’re done. You can only have so many of these pieces in your house. So I suggested to her that maybe putting a clock face on it with a movement and seeing how that works. I was then volunteered to undertake this endeavor. So here is the finished product. I was wondering what you clock connoisseurs thought about this design as well as maybe another source for hands and movements. The stuff here came from combination of Michael’s art store and ClockIt for the movement and hands. I made the frame so it can sit on a shelf or mantel or be hung on a wall. Your help and opinions would be sincerely appreciated

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
IHC Member 2030
posted
Steve
I always like this old thread from 2003:
The places an artist could go with it this idea.
Time is color

Mike

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
It looks very nice indeed Steve.

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Member 1613
posted
Like it...

Posts: 2006 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
posted
Thanks guys, I appreciate you comments. Here is another one I just finished, it was done on canvas. I am now working on a wall version that is done on a circular disk, I’ll post when it’s done.

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
posted
Here is a wall mounted creation.

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
This round one has a lot of eye pop and would appeal to a lot of varied peoples.

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
posted
Thanks Buster, I’m preparing two more of these round ones for the s-i-l to paint. It’s like a box of chocolate.....you never know what you’ll get.

Life Member
posted
I like the round one best, but I think that is because there is good contrast between the hands and number pips and the background color. I think the darker ones would be improved by using white pips and hands. Just a thought.

Posts: 213 | Location: Westminster, Maryland in the USA | Registered: March 02, 2015
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Steve,

I do agree with David's suggestion on the color contrast.

And like Buster, I too like the round clock one that you did.

Smile

Posts: 5222 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002