• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Mainspring winder for baby ben "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I'm trying my hand at clocks and have been playing around with Westclox baby bens. The mainsprings are not huge, and I wanted to know if a pocket watch mainspring winder would work better than the larger clock winders. Any suggestions on what I should be looking at?

Posts: 152 | Location: Miami, Florida in the USA | Registered: August 11, 2009
Life Member
posted
My pocket watch winders (an older Marshall Set)m are too small for Baby Ben clocks. I did a couple of them a few years ago by simply putting on a good pair of leather work gloves, and winding the springs by hand.

Posts: 213 | Location: Westminster, Maryland in the USA | Registered: March 02, 2015
posted
Ok thanks. I thought that they'd be too small. They are an odd size when you compare either pocket watches or larger clocks. I didn't know what anyone used. I made a winder with some wood and a screw for an old beat up Foreign clock I was practicing on that had a loop mainspring. Even had to make a clamp out of pounded copper wire.

Posts: 152 | Location: Miami, Florida in the USA | Registered: August 11, 2009