Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks, Roger Smile

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
IHC Member 1338
posted
Thought this appropo given the recent climate

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
posted
Tom, you might follow it up with this one.

Nixon watch

Posts: 129 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas in the USA | Registered: April 17, 2015
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
I will punish you

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
I just finished up with this project yesterday. I'm going to wear it for the next few days to break in the new leather band. It is a 13 L Rolex dating to the 1920's. It is signed in 3 places(the dial, the movement, and the 9 ct case). I exercised a little artist license with the hands. Louis XIV hands never came on early Rolexes, but since I plan to wear the watch, I decided to personalize it a bit. The watch is keeping great time, too, which is always a plus :-)

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
posted
Nice one Bruce and the hands are spot on .

IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks, Peter. I'm glad the hands turned out looking good, because fitting them to the posts took me over 2 hours.

IHC Member 1555
posted
Well worth the time spent Bruce, looks great.

Posts: 2264 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
posted
Found this at the bottom of a box while looking for something else. Installed a new battery and it took right off. Bought it soon after they first came out. Last time I saw it, my wife was wearing it while she worked in her garden, so it required a bit of cleaning.

Swiss Army

Posts: 129 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas in the USA | Registered: April 17, 2015
posted
Spitfire over Great Britain.

IHC Life Member
posted
This is my latest Rolex build. It has a 10 1/2 line movement (late 1920's), Sapphire crystal, and pig skin band. I thought I had enough parts to put this together, but then discovered I didn't have a back! More than one way to skin a cat...I found I had an extra bezel so I put in a flat crystal and the watch is now sporting a display case, LOL.

IHC Life Member
posted
This is the display back.

posted
Landeron 48 chronograph, private label dial.
Alexander M. Lewyt (1908-1988) held patents for scores of inventions but was best known for a compact vacuum cleaner bearing his name. The vacuum cleaner had no dust bag that was designed to operate without distorting television and radio reception. Lewyt’s company introduced it after World War II and sold it door-to-door. Sales totaled two million in the first eight years. (Source: Lewyt obituary, New York Times).

chrono

posted
My Sicura

posted
1940s Gruen.

Gruen

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Wearing my 1958 Bulova ‘Senator’ 17j I discovered in my junk box that just needed a COA, case polish and new band to look brand new ago. Keeping perfect time too!

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

John,

I love that Guren!

Smile

Posts: 5222 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
I wore this one for the last week or so and quite like it.
Orient Banbino, 40.5mm dia. version's gen '2,hand wind and hacking (second hand)
movement- F6722

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014
IHC Member 1357
posted
A beauty Rick!

Roger

Posts: 4092 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
Hi Roger and thanks. The strap is a little iffy but not to bad.
Have been shoveling snow most of yesterday and more coming today.
Regards
Rick

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014
posted
From December 1967 manual wind Seiko if I could only ask the watch it story .

IHC Member 2030
posted
Great idea Rick Farmer,
Wore this 2nd gen to work this week.
I thought of buffing out the shiny band, but it has grown on me.
Mike

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015