Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Very Nice Scott.
Here is What I'm wearing today.

IHC Member 1193

Posts: 216 | Location: Key Biscayne, Florida in the USA | Registered: October 21, 2008
posted

Posts: 88 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
Hi Scott. Here are pictures of my momo pusher Pierce.

Regards

IHC Member 1193

Posts: 216 | Location: Key Biscayne, Florida in the USA | Registered: October 21, 2008
posted

IHC Member 1193

posted
Sunday is a Pierce day.

IHC Member 1193

posted
Thanks for the comments on the Lanco Chrono Chris!

I almost didn't buy it, because when my friend sent me photo's the colours made it look pretty awful.
As he lived around 100 miles from me it wasn't easy to just take a look.
Anyway, fitted in a visit to look at it (he insisted I do that) and couldn't believe how good it looked - just had to have it!

How many Pierce Chrono's do you have?
I've always liked them but they seem to fetch really good money here that put's them out of reach.
Very nice watches too BTW!
That Milus looks like a NOS watch!
Nearly forgot, first time I've seen a Hamilton Chrono' any chance of a shot of the movement?

Best regards

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
posted
Hi John. Glad to hear from you. Nice story about your Lanco that almost was not. I guess when things are ment to happen nothing can get in the way. In your case 100 miles and a bad foto!

As to your question about my Pierce Chronos. I have three. One is a non runner that I first posted on this thread. The second is as NOS cream color with red hand set, and last is this mono pusher. the first one I got on EBay from a seller in the States and the last two from sellers in the UK. The cost for the three where as follows. The none runner was around $125.00. The NOS was $250.00 and the mono pusher was $180.00. I think I got realy lucky with the last two, especially the NOS one.

Your question on the Hamilton Chrono is that it is a Waltham Chronograph from the late 60's I think. It is running very strong and aside from a small scrtch on the dial, it is in very good shape. Here is a shot of the movement.

A Vajoux 7733 with 17 Jewels.

Regards

IHC Member 1193

posted
Chris, Fortunately Pete knew my tastes in watches and bullied me into taking a look at the Lanco, the rest as they say is history.

Sorry about the blooper on the Waltham though Roll Eyes hope the hackles of Hamilton officionado's have subsided somewhat Eek Big Grin

A Very nice looking watch it is too!

Not surprised at the Pierce values, pretty much around the figures I've seen them on average, too rich for me though!

Enjoy the Chrono's!

Best regards

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
posted

Seiko 6105 Diver with a Olongapo bracelet.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Omega Automatic Geneve Dynamic

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
posted
Very, very nice Tony. Congratulations on that one.

IHC Member 1193

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
I think this is the 1st time I ever posted a wrist watch.

This is a Ball Trainmaster Automatic in a big sterling silver Navajo made band.

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
I am sure a lot of you don't like these types of bands but I always have liked the bear claws in them.

Tom

claw

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Well it's about time.... Big Grin

Great watch and a super band and it's silver too....

I love it....

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted

1920's Elgin, Dial a bit scruff, and radium burn a-go-go at 1 o'clock, but just look at that number 9, Smile

Posts: 106 | Location: Widnes, United Kingdom | Registered: April 02, 2008
posted
A new aquasition, I could not resist it

Posts: 264 | Location: Westbrook, United Kingdom | Registered: June 15, 2007
posted
here it is again

Posts: 264 | Location: Westbrook, United Kingdom | Registered: June 15, 2007
posted

IHC Member 1193

posted
I love the strap!

Anyway, here's my pink gold 1940s (?) Elgin I was waring today:-

Posts: 106 | Location: Widnes, United Kingdom | Registered: April 02, 2008
posted
Tudor Submariner with these great snowflake hands.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
Nice combo my friend.

IHC Member 1193

posted
Just an old Tissot...

Tissot Jubileum

Posts: 3 | Location: Bucharest in Romania | Registered: August 25, 2009