Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Seiko 7005-8020 "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Seiko 7005-8020

Got a question for the Seiko experts. Did this watch come with this band originally?

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Another view

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
And one more

Dave Turner

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Most Seiko came with metal, divers with rubber strap not all but most
that looks original to me (beads of rice) bracelet

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 2030
posted
Beads of rice so cool.
Can I throw in a jomashop seiko 5 got last week.
Green fun , this is a great cheap one.
Another hairy wrist.

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Nice watch Mike. I've looked at those too.

I thought my bracelet was original, that's mainly why I bought this one. Unfortunately it won't keep running. Sets fine, calendar and hands move easy, but it won't keep running.
Next step, who to send it to?

Dave Turner

posted
Dave new seiko NH35 movement cost only $35 buy new movement replace with old hands and dial and you good for 10 years.IMHO COA will cost you more

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Wow, That's awesome.. I didn't even consider that, let alone think a replacement might be available.
So far, I can't even get the back off. But, I have a nice local jeweler who will do that for me.
The watch wouldn't be original, but so what. This is an old 7005, run of the mill.
Thanks

Dave Turner

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Update on the old 7005. Got the back off and discovered the automatic winder is not engaging.
Wonder if that's just dirt.

Dave Turner

posted
Dave with screwdriver try to wind it on the screw with the arrow I made on picture

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Thanks Peter, I already did that. It's been running great for nearly a day now.
So, If I can figure out what's wrong with the push pull palls or the wheel it winds, or whatever else it is, I think it will be a good old watch.
I'm going to open her up and take a hard look at that part again. Might be dirt?

Dave Turner

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Peter, et al,
The Seiko runs steady for two days or so on a full wind.
Think I've narrowed down the problem to loose bearings in the rotor. And I can see telltale signs of wear against the outer bridge plates.
So, what is the cure? I guess mainly, where can I get parts? Or is the rotor repairable?
Thanks,
Dave

Dave Turner

posted
I would buy movement/parts from ebay and replace worn down parts/rotor to keep it original

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Sounds like a plan!

Dave Turner