Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Why are Rolex's so expensive? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
cool.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 2030
posted
Yes the fit and finish on the high end cannot be priced.
The ETA movement is very accurate and can be got in less expensive watches for a tightwad like me.
To be sure, when we hit the lotto it’s Rolex and omega time! Smile

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
IHC Member 1338
posted
Pick up an older one Mike. If you dont mind plastic crystals, non quick set dates, and non fluted (solid) bezels you can get one pretty reasonable. I own a 1974 Datejust model still a nice watch

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Member 2030
posted
This was on tv last night Antique Roadshow

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Those are not that popular try old GMT rolex and you will see its a nice investment.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1338
posted
I always wanted an old GMT I like the green or brown ones just never pursued it.

I got my Datejust from old man DeMesy himself at a show some 15 odd years ago

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008