• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

GRUEN WATCH MAKERS GUILD Time Hill "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
This may be a common piece to find, but I have never seen another one and thought I would post a couple pictures. This print/painting is done on some sort of canvas. I have seen similar pictures on postcards and in magazines. This measures approx. 13" x 24". I am currently re-finishing the original frame.

Adam

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted

posted

posted
Adam,

This is a nice print, and appears to be in good shape. They're not terribly rare, but many are faded and damaged. These were provided by Gruen to jewelers and watchmakers who were members of the "Guild". This was a fairly complex marketing organization, and there were more than 1400 retail members at one time.

Your print dates from the 1921 to 1933 era, as the building was greatly expanded during the '30s, to accomodate the growth and consolidation of various parts of the company. Later versions show the expanded building, and also reduce the emphasis on the "Guild".

Regards,

Cary

Posts: 267 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama USA | Registered: December 12, 2005
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Those are interesting pictures. This is a Gruen Guild store display stand that is an image of Time Hill.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Great item Adam,

I commend you on resoring it. Be sure to share the finished product! Below you will see a postcard with Time Hill from a different time-frame, angle and perspective.

Lindell

Gruen's Time Hill in Cincinnati, Ohio is legendary...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Time Hill was built in several phases. Thre first link below shows the construction of Time Hill through the years.

The second link provides a look at Time Hill today. You have to scroll to the bottom of the page to see the current picture of Time Hill.

Building of Time Hill

Time Hill Today

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002