Internet Horology Club 185
George Graham silver casing project

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9826095371/m/1881026391

June 29, 2006, 22:43
Barry Parker
George Graham silver casing project
Hi All,

Just thought that you may all like to know that you have an exceptionally good silver case maker in USA.

Jim Harsa, is also an Antique pocket watch restorer and he does seem to be able to do any job on them.

These pics show the silver pair cases with shagreen, that Jim made from scratch for his George Graham movement #4838, which he bought on ebay.

(My previously reported Graham casing project in gold cases is movement #4834, so Jim's is very close in age to mine)

He also made the hands and the fancy gold ring around the dial.

Jim bought the dial casting and dial plate from me and did his own engraving and numeral painting.

I also lent him my silver inner partial case as a pattern and gave assistance in helping him out with measurements, drawings and pictures showing info that saved him a lot of time in getting things right first time around.

He did the whole job in about 10 months and even found time to fit in having a heart by-pass operation whilst he was doing it.

A top job well done in my opinion.
Jim plans to join our chapter shortly and gave me permission to show his pics.

Regards, Barry Parker

June 29, 2006, 22:45
Barry Parker
Jim Harsa case back.

June 29, 2006, 22:46
Barry Parker
Jim Harsa case side.

June 29, 2006, 22:47
Barry Parker
Jim Harsa case open.

July 25, 2006, 21:10
John Pavlik
Absolutly Magnificent....The watch paper is the touch of class this case maker deserves..
July 26, 2006, 08:05
Rich Kuhn
It is just wonderful

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155