WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Open to the World RESEARCH FORUMS  Hop To Forums  Illinois Watch Company Research Forum    Requesting info on a private label "Jacobson & Son" 18s.17 jewels Grade 64
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Requesting info on a private label "Jacobson & Son" 18s.17 jewels Grade 64 "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1357
posted
private label Dial and movement marked
H.M.Jacobson&Son Philadelphia S/N 1466758=1899
PW/LS Adjusted.My research says RRG.Model 6
Sets and runs well.Bought as movement and dial only.Any input appreciated.
Regards
Roger

a

IHC Member 1357
posted
The mark above the letter"b"was something,now is
nothing

s

IHC Member 1357
posted
movt.

s

IHC Member 1357
posted
dial

b

IHC Member 1357
posted

IHC Member 1338
posted
Roger;

It's a Grade 64, got it running pretty easily. Someone had the timing screws turned all the way out on 1 side which is why it wouldn't run dial down.

The reason I wanted it is because I've seen HMJ watches but all were 16 size. This is the 1st 18s HMJ I believe I've seen.

AN Anderson, the famous inspector up in Mnpls, preferred the Grade 64 and many of his watches were indeed Grade 64s. This one just comes in under the wire as being mfg pre-1900 and would have been approved on most if not all rail lines

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

IHC Member 1357
posted
Tom,I am glad it was a easy fix for you.I knew it was a grade 64.I believe the 18s.Bunns were the same grade.I was sure it was a quality movement.Just didn't want to be out the repair
expense.Thanks for letting me know.

Roger