• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois 186 17J Two Tone Wilson Bros Special "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I am sending photos of a Illinois Wilson Bros Special Two Tone movement Model 186 Lever Set
Gold Train Double Roller Three Finger Bridge Getty Model
The serial number is 2464271
This is the only one I have ever seen. If anyone can help me with more history please comment. It seems to have the wrong regulator on the Balace Cock. The staff is loose but it will run on it's face.

Mac McKusick

Wilson Bros0004

posted
This is the movement

Wilson Bros0003

posted
Another movement closeup

Wilson Bros0001

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Mac,

According to the Illinois Bible, yours is one of only 1,220 and was in a run with 239 others. Yours is a little rarer than the other 17 jewel 186's as it is marked with the Double Roller. All have Ruby jewels. The Double Roller begins after serial #2,268,201. You have a very nice looking Getty movement there.

Steve

posted
Thanks Steve for you feedback. I plan to have this watch repaired. I found a whip for the regulator in some of my junk. I will have a staff installed and see how it performs. Not much hope finding a "Wilson Bros Boston" dial. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix the little chip near the seconds chapter?