• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Sangamo Special Dials "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Brad Richardson posted a topic today in the avoiding pitfalls section of IHC about an ebay listing that has a dial for sale as a rare sangamo special dial. After a quick look, I would have to agree with Brad that it is not a sangamo special due to the shape of the 7 on the dial. I am no expert though on Sangamo dials, so someone else may be able to say differently. Since I own a couple sangamo specials and one does not have the original dial, I thought it would be a good task for IHC to put together a picture book of sangamo special dials for members to be able to use when looking at sangamo specials to purchase or needing to find the correct dial for a sangamo special they currently own! IHC currently has this available for hamilton 992B's and has been very informational for me as I purchase them for my collection or look to restore them back to original specs. Since I am not an Illinois expert, I will let the experts here at IHC show the rest of us for our ongoing education!

posted
I have some sangamo specials.......... I will check the dials and let you know what I find..

Was hoping those 1872 balance staffs would get here today.......... maybe tomorrow.

posted
Donald-

I would think they would get there anyday now. You never know nowadays... I just moved about a month ago and forgot to change my address on ebay... Lets just say the typical three days priority mail turned into over 2 weeks on some items. My wife is currently waiting on some books for grad school that were sent on the 26th that were victims of my forgetting to change the ebay ship to address. They are still not here.... (by the way I'm wondering when I'll here the end of that one too Frown )

posted
Here's an ad that list some Sangamo Special dials.

posted
17 size Sangamo Special Dials

posted
16 size Sangamo Special

posted
Carlos-

Thanks for the posts. It does look to me that all of these dials need to be with the "Heavy Gothic Arabic Figures". This is what I typically look for, but didn't know if anything else was considered correct or not.

Thanks,

Jared

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

The 17-size Sangamo Special movements and correct porcelain-enamel dials are shown here...

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...1029912/m/4231069691

Dr. Deborah L. Irvine
IHC Administrative Assistant
Membership and Marts Coordinator

Contact eMail: ihc185@roadrunner.com

Smile